Viewly plans on introducing its new alpha and Chrome extension during its public token sale window Viewly raised nearly $8 million in the private pre-sale portion of its ICO, and is currently holding its public token sale.
Viewly’s crowdsale will run until a hard cap of $12 million has been reached, or until March 22. In the coming weeks Viewly will release a demo version of the platform, which will include a world-first in user/network-based token allocation. The demo will include an extension that has a tool allowing YouTube users to “tip” and recommend creators to Viewly. The extension will be fully functional at the end of the ICO. Creators will be able to reach out to their fan base and encourage them to vote theminto Viewly faster. Creators will be able to use the VIEW tokens to immediately monetize their content Viewly utilizes the blockchain and peer-to-peer video sharing technology to eliminate the need for ads. Creators have endless ways to monetize their content, including fan patronage, micro-payments, sponsorships, memberships, premium content and more to monetize their content – even those with relatively small audiences. Smart contracts allow for payments that are instant, trustless and permissionless.
The lineup is a collection of creators looking to build their digital empires and fan bases via Viewly, including:
● Jay Ferguson, International Emmy and Canadian Screen Awards winner and creator of the web series Guidestones
● Michael Matteo Rossi, a ten-year veteran Hollywood veteran who most recently released the feature film “Sable” through Lionsgate Entertainment
● Filmmaker Mobeen Azhar, a BAFTA award winner
● Kenneth Bright Jr. of Fantasy Soft Entertainment, which features production and voiceover talent from Dragonball Z, Pokémon and more
● Nick Nimmin, Viewly’s first in-house instructional video partner
● The Juice Media, political satirists and creators of the viral Honest Net Neutrality Ad video
● The band Erik and the Worldly Savages, a sleeper hit and underground ethno-punk fashion band
Also notable within the Viewly team is Charlie Shrem, co-founder of BitInstant and founder of the Bitcoin advisory team. Shrem purchased 900ETH worth of VIEW tokens and will serve as an advisor to the company. For more information on Viewly or to download the whitepaper, visit https://view.ly/.